Sunday, March 16, 2008

Josh's Knee Surgery

Josh had meniscus and ACL surgery (knee repairs on his left leg) on Friday morning, the 14th. We had to be there at 6am, which was torture because we hadn't gotten use to the time change yet so it felt like 4am when we got up. Anyways, the surgery went real well the doctor was like the same age as us which felt weird, but he was really good. Josh felt really nauseous after and they gave him 3 different drugs until he felt better. So we were there in the recovery for almost 3 hrs. and you could tell they were trying to get rid of him as fast as they could. So far I have really liked having Kaiser Insurance. I was able to get his prescription drugs right there before we went home, the doctor gave him the best ice machine and they just took good care of him. We got home about 1:30 from the hospital and he has basically gone from our bed to the couch for the past 72 hours. He has kept himself busy by reading lots of books on business. And I am very grateful for all of the help because I didn't realize that I would be just physically exhausted from taking care of him at odd hours and taking care of the kids. I guess I am finding out that Josh sure did a lot around here. He is very helpful when he can be.

10 comments:

Kim L. said...

WOAH! Is there anything we can do? Can I take the kids one day? Bring dinner? Mow the lawn? You name it! Let us know how we can best help!

Joanna said...

Let us know how we can help. I have been through that, and I remember my mom having to help me do everything the first week. We wish him a fast recovery, and are so glad he had a good experience with Kaiser.

Tyler Jorgenson said...

Let me know if you need more ice, we're not too far away. :)

http://jorgstyle.blogspot.com

Laura said...

Hey I am glad that his surgery went well and he is on his way to recovery. Aaron was so glad that he got a ice pump from Breg!!! The things that excite my husband make me laugh. It's been a while since we talked, hope you are well.

Laura said...

Hey I am glad that his surgery went well and he is on his way to recovery. Aaron was so glad that he got a ice pump from Breg!!! The things that excite my husband make me laugh. It's been a while since we talked, hope you are well.

Anonymous said...

K, so I told you if you NEED me you call me!! ;) Oh, if I didn't...IF YOU NEED ME CALL ME!! And you know I would take kids ANYTIME!! ;) Hope he has a FAST recovery!! LOVE YOU GIRL!!

Rachel Garces said...

I was so there almost 2 years ago when Nick had the same surgery and I was 8 months prego. I feel your pain. I wish I could tell you the healing process is fast, but not the case. Nick is still hurting some days now even. Let me know if there is anything I can do for you.

Blake ~ Amber ~ Noah ~ Jade said...

oh man, i hope he gets to feeling better! I love that picture of Elle on top of your blog, its the cutest face ever!! Love ya!!

Stephanie Salmon said...

Erika! It's been so long since I've seen or heard about you! I didn't even know you had kids. How fun to get all caught up again! Funny that my last name is Salmon now huh? No one can pronounce or spell it. It cracks me up. I always ask them, "have you had fish? It's spelled just like the fish." Ha ha ha. Good to catch up. Your family is adorable.

Heidi said...

Hey Ned had knee surgery in August (meniscus and ACL) as well...it's such a bummer huh!

Did he get the CPM machine? Ned was on that thing all day.

We feel your pain...

CUTE pics...glad Elle walked, but soon you'll remember why we shouldn't be in a rush...ha ha ha

The Lovely Bladh Family

The Lovely Bladh Family

Josh and Erika

For those who I have not seen for a long time I thought that I should write a little about our family. Josh and I were married Feb. 22,2003 and are as happy as can be...really! We have 2 kids, Tyler (3) and Elle (14 mos). We will have more but taking a break. We are hopefully less then 2 weeks away from moving to our brand spankin' new house in Corona. Josh is doing real estate loans and I am doing real estate. We feel that the Lord has blessed us so much to have a lovely family, a home (soon), and a career that we just love and find fascinating.

Tyler

Tyler
His favorite Christmas Present